Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Thoughts And Things

Various Stuff:

The A.V. Club's Nathan Rabin commemorates the recent 10-year anniversary of 2Pac's death with an article calling him one of the most overrated rappers in history. Even though I like 2Pac's music, I can't say that I disagree with him that much.

Jim at Patriside has put up details on the next Mixmania as well as the links to the blogs that participated in the 9/11 Mixmania. I put a lot of the songs that scare me on my Evil Mixmania mix, so the new topics should be a bit challenging.

My review of OutKast's Idlewild is almost done and will be up soon. Look for the next "big 4" review to be Justin Timberlake. Also, I'm going to pick up Lupe Fiasco's album soon, so that will be reviewed too.

Finally, here are some articles from Blog Critics I enjoyed recently:

Clayton Perry meticulously uses statistics to prove that Beyonce is not the diva we think she is in "Ring The Alarm: Beyonce Is Not A Diva"

Mat Brewsters wonders "Can Season 18 Save The Simpsons?" and given that the two episodes shown so far have been pretty good, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Last, but not least, Megan Giddings of The Modern Pea Pod gets her review of OutKast's Idlewild in before me. Some of the themes I thought about exploring in my upcoming review are in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment