Monday, April 26, 2004

It’s A Conspiracy, I Tell Ya

-I just received my first ever summons for jury duty. It’s set for sometime in May. Now, you may wonder why I mentioned a conspiracy in the title of this post. Well, I’m not the only one in my family who has recently received a summons for jury duty. Both my mother and my aunt have recently received summons as well. Last year, my dad not only received a summons, he actually served on a jury...as head juror no less. The thing about me receiving that summons is that it was sent to my former NU address...which is the address I used when I last registered to vote. Maybe that’s why people don’t register to vote...they’re too scared of getting called for jury duty. Well, I’m supposed to appear for the summons in May, so we’ll see what happens.

-In the meantime, the job search is about to heat up a little more. I’m going to register with the Department of Labor soon and check out the State of IL and see if they are hiring.

-It’s been fun watching the NBA Playoffs. There have been some good games thus far. I don’t really have many loyalties at this point, but I can say that I hate the Lakers. It’s a tired cliche...but they are to basketball what the Yankees are to baseball. You get the since that for the players on the Lakers, it’s truly a job instead of a sport. I do like the Sacramento Kings, probably because my sister is such a big fan. Actually, my sister is the one that got me back watching basketball again. I hardly watched or even kept up with it while at NU, so it’s good to watch it again. Basketball is by far the most fun sport to watch, TV or otherwise. I enjoy watching football, but it’s a complex game that moves at a more methodical pace than basketball. If football is a drama, basketball is an action movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment