Monday, March 08, 2004

Subtlety is The Spice of Life

I have made some subtle changes to my blog recently. The first is that I added a new link to my blog/news reading collection. I use a site called Bloglines to get updates on sites and stuff I like without having to go to the site to make sure it’s updated. It’s basically an online newsreader...minus the program. It’s pretty neat, actually. Also, if you have newsreader software or an account on Bloglines, you can subscribe to my site. Just use the site feed link and you’re ready to go.

The only other subtle change was to my archives, making the list a little easier to understand by listing the month by name. I’ve been thinking of making some changes to the look of the blog, but that won’t be for a while. I may do something as drastic as change the template or I may just change the colors again. If you have some suggestions, contact me.

In other news, I watched School of Rock on Saturday. I enjoyed it. Jack Black was very funny and those kids can play! Jack’s so active though that I have to wonder if he’s really that energetic or if he’s been drinking a lot of Red Bull.

I also watched the movie Good Boy! with my Mom and sister on Sunday. It’s a pretty inane little movie that features talking dogs. It was funny at times, but as it went on, we laughed more at how bad the movie was than at the actual movie. There is one little thing that amazed me, though. This movie actually made gay couples acceptable for children...in a subtle way. How? Well, they show the owners of the various dogs throughout the movie. One of the dogs (a big goofy dog voiced by Donald Faison of “Scrubs”) had two male owners. It took us a couple of seconds before we realized what that meant. However, if you think we read too much into that, the credits revealed the truth. The dog’s name is Wilson. The actors are credited as “Wilson’s Dad” and “Wilson’s Other Dad.” Although the movie is not that good and the reference would go over most kids’ heads, it was progressive in its own little way. Now, I have to wonder how long before right-wingers find out about this and protest against MGM and the producers of this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment