Saturday, January 03, 2004

"Hey Laughing Boy!"

So far, I am really enjoying the DVDs I got for Christmas. I have sung the praises of "The Work of Michel Gondry" in earlier posts but now I'm currently watching the "Looney Tunes Golden Collection." What an amazing DVD set. The cartoons are still just as funny and the extras are really good. I watched a featurette on Yosemite Sam and found out that he's based on director Friz Freleng. Just like Sam, Friz was short, hot-tempered, and had red hair. It was also really neat to hear actual recording sessions with Mel Blanc from when he worked on "The Bugs Bunny Show." I'm only about halfway through the first DVD, so it will be awhile before I actually finish the set, but it's great so far.

P.S. The title of this post is a quote from a classic Bugs and Daffy cartoon

No comments:

Post a Comment