Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Milestones

There are three big milestones that I feel like sharing with the world:

Yesterday, July 31st, was my parents' 30th Wedding Anniversary! They got married back in 1976. Unfortunately, they really couldn't do anything to commemorate it. Still, it's becoming rarer and rarer for couples to last as long as they have. My dad was 23 years old when he married my mom. In comparison, I'm 25 years old and nowhere near marrying anyone. I just hope they'll last another 30 years together.

The next milestone is that by the time most of you see this post, there will have been 10,000 visits to my blog according to Site Meter. Even though a good portion of those visits are me checking to make sure that the blog looks okay after I post something, it's still amazing to me that I could even get to such a number. This blog is not (and probably will not) be a "popular" blog. I think that makes the number all the nicer.

[UPDATE: Of all the times for me to check on my blog...]




Finally, this post in and of itself is a milestone. You see, this is my 800th post on this blog! I think that's even more amazing than the 10,000 visits, especially since I don't post many short posts. Most of my posts tend to be a bit on the longer side. I don't post everyday either. I wonder how long it will take for me to get to the 1000 post mark...

No comments:

Post a Comment