Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Quick Basketball Comments

-The Pistons won! Now they are going to be meeting the Lakers in the NBA Finals. I really hope they beat the Lakers.

-So, was the Pistons/Pacers game "fixed", like the Lakers/Timberwolves game was? Yep. The Pistons were favored by five but won by four. You do the math. Again, the outcomes aren’t what’s fixed, but how many points they win or lose by is.

-Some people have called the Lakers the “Yankees of basketball,” including me. However, I think I have that backwards. In a report I saw on TV, it was revealed that 48% of all NBA Finals had the Lakers involved. There hasn’t been a decade in the NBA’s history that hasn’t had the Lakers in the NBA Finals at least once. Even the Yankees can’t say that about their presence in baseball. All I can say is...GO DETROIT!

-Doc Rivers is the best NBA commentator out there. My sister and I will miss the Maywood, IL native’s pronunciation of “pick and roll” when he goes to coach the Boston Celtics next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment