Monday, May 24, 2004

Blog Rumblings

Now that I’ve changed the template, I’ve been thinking about other ways to change this blog again. One thing I’ve thought about is adding a Google search to the site, one that could search both the web and the blog itself. So, if you happened to be looking for every post that talked about American Idol, for example, you could find it. The Google search is available for free, but it looks a little out of place compared to the rest of the blog. I almost put it in recently, but decided against it.

I’ve also fiddled around with changing the colors of the template (although that won’t be as easy as last time), and adding other little things such as a counter and a tagboard. I also will put up some more pictures on the blog when I get a chance. I don’t have a digital camera (or a scanner), so anything I put up would most likely come from other sources.

Another idea I have thought about is actually making another blog, in addition to the one I have now. This one would be all about comedy, kind of like a permanent version of the April Fools Blog. I’d post fake news stories, skits, and other funny stuff. I thought about this mainly to keep my comedic skills sharp. I haven’t written any skits for a while, and I got the urge to do some funny stuff when I randomly decided to look back at stuff I had written one day. I’ve also thought about doing a blog exclusively for original writings in general. I know I have my little site on Fiction Press, but maybe having a blog about writing would spark my creative juices again. Honestly, I didn’t really write my thoughts down until I decided to start this blog, so maybe that same effect could come into play with a writings-only or comedy-only blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment