Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Sheer Ineptitude

Today, I went back to NU to meet with a person at Career Services. I called to make this appointment in late December/early January. The person on the phone gave me the time and date and I thought everything was good.

However, when I got to Career Services (a little late), they had ZERO record that I even made the appointment. Nothing. Apparently, the appointment was either erased or never got made by the person who claimed that they did over the phone. How the hell did that happen?

Needless to say, I was very pissed as I have to take the L for almost 80 minutes each way and then walk through the bitterly cold weather just to come there and see somebody. However, since all I really needed was someone to look over my resume (and they did walk-ins for that), I left there with a resume to revise and a new appointment with the person I was supposed to see today (for Feb. 16th).

After this, I almost want to call them daily to make sure they haven't erased my appointment. Although, I will definitely be calling them a day or so before to confirm. I'll be damned if I make that long ass trip back to Evanston and not get whatever I need to do up there done.

No comments:

Post a Comment