Sunday, January 18, 2004

Playing Catch Up--Everything Else

Apart from the short story, not too much else has been happening.

Finished disc 3 of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection. Woop-dee-do.

Went to NU briefly on Thursday. I only went to drop off a CD for my former boss and a DVD for NU Anime. It was good to get out of the house (and outside of the south suburbs) if only for a few hours. I go back up on the 28th for another Career Services meeting.

I've got plenty of rented movies to watch between now and Monday. I have to watch Freddy vs Jason, Johnny English, Swimming Pool, and Better Luck Tomorrow. Hopefully, they'll be pretty good.

The Chicago Bears actually hired a black coach in Lovie Smith. Good for them, although he will have to prove himself quickly. Not just because he is a black coach (since there are a lot of people who have Rush Limbaugh-esque feelings about blacks in prominent sports positions such as quarterback and head coach), but because Chicago Bears fans want a good team ASAP. Best of luck to him.

My cousin was supposed to visit this weekend, but it didn't happen. I won't go into the details, but he really needs to get his act together and re-evaluate his life and priorities. Now I have to work twice as hard so I don't end up like that.

Started the fourth Harry Potter book. Given its length, I hope to finish it by March.

The new albums by Air and Kanye West are very good. I encourage you to buy the albums when they come out as I will when I get enough money to do so. To whom it may concern: I have bought more CDs because of downloading than I have without it. I wouldn't have bought albums by many many artists if I didn't hear the MP3s first.

Finally, my sister told me that Roc-A-Fella Records artist Rell looked like Dave Chappelle and I had to check it out for myself. She's right. Take a look for yourself: http://www.rocafella.com/artist.aspx?v=bio&key=21

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment