Saturday, December 20, 2003

Anime Envy

My friend Chris (aka Chris M.) gave me a call this evening and we talked about the usual stuff--mainly anime. In my first post I mentioned that I am an animation/anime fan (so much so that Cliff named the link to my blog "Mr. Animation"). Well, I was head of the anime club at NU for two years, so during that time I bought and saw a lot of anime. Now, with no job lined up yet, I have taken a self-imposed anime-buying hiatus. However, talking with Chris (who is currently picking up great shows such as Last Exile, Witch Hunter Robin, and The 12 Kingdoms) really made me want to get some new anime DVDs.

Of the shows out, I'd personally like to get Rune Soldier, Chobits, RahXephon, 12 Kingdoms, Magical Shopping District Abenobashi, and the rest of Utena (I only have the first two DVDs). There are a few other shows like Super GALS, Pretear, Bandit King Jing, and Orphen Season 2 that I would like to at least see a disc of. Then there are shows (mainly Azumanga Daioh) that I would love to run to buy the second they came out. I probably won't be getting any anime for Christmas or Birthday so I'll wait.

Besides, there are more pressing matters....like that very cool Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment