Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Stuff's Looking Good

I should not have been up late on Saturday night. I was already tired because I had gotten little sleep the night before and I also went to work early that morning. Even though I had a little nap after I got home from work, it wasn't really enough for me to feel refreshed. Plus, I had to go to work early Sunday morning as well.

I always go online before I go to sleep. Usually, I check e-mail and read some of my favorite blogs and sites. While I did my usual web surfing, I stumbled upon this story. I read it and realized that no one on Blog Critics had covered it yet. Even though I really needed the sleep, I decided to write up that story for BC and bring in some history involving sampling as well. It took me over an hour to write the story, but I did it and submitted it to BC. I then finally tried to get some sleep before having to get up at 6:00 a.m. the next morning for a long shift at work.

I didn't get home from work until after 5:00 p.m. My dad and I had to go pick up some food as soon as I got off. When I got home, I checked my e-mail and discovered that submitting that story to BC was a good idea. Not only did my story end up being featured on the site, it was actually picked up by Google News and stayed on the front page for more than an hour (which is a big deal considering how many stories there are on Google News at any given time). I almost wish I could've taken a screenshot of it being there.

The first quarter of the year hasn't even ended yet and so far I've gotten two stories spotlighted by the editors of Blog Critics, a guest post on the Top 40 section of About.com, my first ever interview (and with the creator of a TV show at that), and now a story I wrote linked on Google News. I guess the griping I did in an earlier post about writing sounds a little bit ridiculous now.

No comments:

Post a Comment