Sunday, May 15, 2005

Life Things

I missed chronicling some important events recently so hears the lowdown:

First, my Uncle Arthur visited for Mother's Day weekend. It was a repeat of a classic surprise he put on my grandmother many years ago. A long time ago (so long ago that I was probably a little little kid), Uncle Arthur paid a surprise visit to my grandmother for Mother's Day. This year, he decided to repeat that great surprise. Everyone knew he was coming...except my grandmother. I hate that I wasn't there to see her face but I've been told that it was priceless. For Mother's Day weekend all of us (except Samone who was still at school) hung out and spent a little time together. My Uncle left back for Seattle that Monday but will back to visit us in August (hopefully with Chenelle, my cousin, in tow).

In another bit of life news, my sister's first year in college is over. Last week, she packed up and brought her stuff back over two trips (we had to use our car as opposed to borrowing Auntee's recently purchased minivan). I couldn't help her out on both days because I was working. In fact, I had to go straight from work to go help her move out on the first day. I don't know how she really felt about her first year (she does have a blog of her own) but I think she's glad to be home.

Also, I should mention that my allergies have hit me very hard over the past couple of days. It seems like whenever I get hit with a cold or sinus thing, I get hit hard. It hit hard enough that I reluctantly decided to take off work on Sunday. Let me give you an idea of how bad I feel/felt. I had a headache, I felt chilly, my nose was stopped up, my throat was sore, my ears clogged up, and at times I felt too warm. If you've ever had the feeling where you can actually "feel" whenever your head moves, I got that too. I barely got any sleep Saturday night and I went to sleep (and tried to go to sleep) from about 7:00 a.m. to nearly 3:00 p.m. on Sunday. And I have to go to work on Monday. At least my hours for this week are less than they have been. This will give me some time to rest and recover. I just hope I don't have to work too much on Monday.

I think that covers my life as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment