Friday, July 30, 2004

The Democrats Convened

I watched some of the Democratic National Convention during its four days. I watched Bill and Hillary Clinton’s speeches, the speech by Barack Obama, as well as John Kerry’s nomination speech. I watched all these speeches with my family.

My favorite speech was Bill Clinton’s. His speech was funny and self-deprecating in a way. Barack Obama’s speech was great as well. It was a very well-written speech that almost certainly has cemented his election to the U.S. Senate. John Kerry showed that he really isn’t the best public speaker. His speech, textwise, wasn’t bad. However, the delivery was a little flat, especially compared to the people who spoke on the other days.

The best coverage of the convention was done by C-SPAN. They showed you everything from beginning to end, with no commentators. You got the chance to see the lower-profile speakers, the governors, representatives, and other random people. I’ll probably watch C-SPAN to see the Republican National Convention as well (you have to know your enemy). No spin, no commentary, no bull. Just stuff as it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment