Saturday, June 26, 2004

On The Low...Munchos!

-When my parents and my sister went to NIU last weekend for my sister to take another placement test, they rediscovered the best potato snack on the low...Munchos. Munchos are potato crisps made by Frito Lay that are not like anything else out there. They are potato crisps...but they don’t taste like Pringles or Lays Stax. They taste kind of light...but they are kind of greasy and definitely fried. They are an anomaly in the potato snack world. I’ve had them occasionally when I’d get a bag of chips from an event (like a party) and I always liked them. Munchos are one of those Frito Lay snacks that gets no publicity (kind of like FunYuns) but they still make them. I hope they don’t get rid of them anytime soon...because sometimes you want a potato snack that’s not a chip or a Pringle.

-I have watched the first couple of episodes on my Chappelle’s Show season one DVD. Damn, this show is funny. I actually got to watch the first episode in its entirety for the first time. In a follow-up note to my comments on there being no scene selection...there is also no time code on the DVD. This means that you can’t tell how long the thing actually is. However, the episodes on the first disc are encoded at the highest possible DVD quality (according to the display on our family's DVD player). I’ll take high quality over time codes any day.

-I think A.J. from 106 & Park isn’t coming back. I thought I saw him on Extra doing a story and by watching the late night repeat, I confirmed it. It makes sense, though. A lot of BET stars end up jumping ship eventually. Some do pretty well (like Hits who is now known as Al Shearer) and others don’t (Ananda Lewis who went to MTV for a bit before doing a failed daytime talk show). I like Free and all, but she really does best when she has someone else to work with. A.J. and her looked like they liked each other and enjoyed themselves when they hosted together. Well, good luck to A.J. in his endeavors and here’s to hoping they find Free a partner soon.

-The other night I actually engaged in some lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming is when you are asleep and start dreaming...but you are aware that you are dreaming. Thus, you can actually control what you dream about. I’ve been aware of my dreaming before, but that usually makes me wake myself up out of them. This time I was smart enough to make myself dream about stuff I like. Of course, I don’t really remember what I did have myself dream, but I do remember just how long things seem when you are asleep. I remember going through what I thought were several dreams. I woke myself up, mainly to see how much time had passed. Only about half an hour had passed since I last looked at my alarm clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment