Friday, April 02, 2004

April Fool's Blog Bonus Features

Now, here are the notes and secrets to the April Fool’s Day Blog:

-Potential Fake Titles for the Blog included Sterfish’s House of Fish and Spaghetti (parodying G. Dep’s verse on the P. Diddy song “Let’s Get It”), Sterfish’s Fried Chicken (with the subtitle “Nobody does chicken like SFC...’cause we black!”) and Sterfish: Time Traveler (just kidding).

-If you didn’t read all the way down, The Magic Link is in the very last post of the AFD blog.

-The title of each of the posts is a funny quote from some of my favorite movies, TV shows, and etc. It goes like this:

1st post: Foghorn Leghorn of Looney Tunes
2nd post: Ralph Wiggum of The Simpsons (Misspellings added by me)
3rd post: Marlon Wayans in The Ladykillers
4th post: Lisa Simpson of The Simpsons (from the Run Lola Run parody)
5th post: Ren of Ren & Stimpy (from the classic episode “In The Army”)
6th post: Chris Tucker in the original Rush Hour
7th post: King Neptune from Spongebob Squarepants

-Contrary to the post on the AFD blog, I still support gay marriage. Remember, April Fool’s Day is the one day that people can lie about stuff without too much reprisal.

-Don’t try to decipher the last half of the bleeped post...they aren’t real sentences. Except for the very last one.

-Donald Trump doesn’t have his own brand of All-Natural Roasted Chestnuts...yet.

-The Ninja Pirate Mobile Robot parody came out of all the times I read anime licensing rumors and the subsequent complaints about them. The animes that have the most rumors are Naruto (about ninjas) and One Piece (about pirates)...hence the Ninja Pirate of the title. Also, it was a full on jab at older anime fans who like Japanese kids shows. But wait...I like Digimon and I wish they didn’t edit Yu-Gi-Oh. Good lord, I am one of those fans. Nooooo!

-Finally, here’s the translations of the stuff I put in the next to last post. I used Babelfish to translate these English passages...

Into Japanese: If you can read this, you can read Japanese. Hooray for you! If you see this, please leave a comment. Thank you for coming.

Into Spanish: I took a total of four years of Spanish, and I still had to use a translator to write this. I’m pathetic.

Into French: It’s fitting that I use French to announce my support for John Kerry. Long live John Kerry!

But what about the last one? Well, I “made up” a language I’ll call Letter Shift Language. The letters in the message “Hppe Mjhiu Fwfszcpez!” are one letter ahead of what it really is. So, the H is really G, for example. Therefore, the whole thing translates to “Good Night Everybody!”

-It took me about half an hour to set the whole thing up, including making those HTML files, formatting everything in the Blogger interface, and making the changes to my template. I also had to enter the posts in reverse order so I could arrange them the way I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment