Sunday, January 25, 2004

Buy One Post, Get 9 Free!

-"Once Upon A Time in Mexico" was violent, funny, action-packed and bit confusing...all the elements for a great Saturday night flick. If there is one special feature on the DVD you must watch, it’s the “10-Minute Flick School.” After watching that, I wonder what can’t be done digitally.

-I admit it...I have a problem...a DVD Backlog problem. I admit that I haven’t watched all of the DVDs in my collection. For example, I have yet to put in my LOTR: Two Towers Extended DVD yet other than to make sure it worked. I also haven’t finished the second volume of Family Guy, something I’ve had for months. Maybe I’ll make some headway once I finish my current DVD of the moment...if you’ve read this blog, you already know what that is.

-Album of The Week is dead, if you didn’t know by now. I’ll probably spotlight an album I like every once in a while, but that’s it.

-My computer has been loud as hell recently. It’s worried me, even though I think it’s only the fan. Now, as of this post, it’s suddenly quiet. Still, I may have to take it in.

-Howard Dean isn’t crazy...America just isn’t used to middle age white men running for president being excited or energetic. If Al Sharpton yelled and gleefully screamed at his energetic young audience after losing, he still wouldn’t get any coverage.

-With the advent of those video channels on digital cable like MTV Hits and VH1 Soul (which we have), you’d think you would get a more diverse selection of videos (and sometimes you do). But what really happens is that you get more places to see the same damn videos they show on MTV and elsewhere. Worse yet, you could see multiple showings of the same video within seconds of each other. So, Beyonce’s “Me, Myself, and I” could end on MTV Hits and start up on VH1 Soul, only to also be on MTV proper, MTV2, or BET. Sheesh.

-If more sleep equals more creativity as claimed in this article, maybe that’s why my best ideas come to me just before I go to sleep.

-106 & Park on BET shows the same Ol’ School Joints. The people there have severe selective memory and they show the same one video from the same artist. And of course, a song that could be less than 2 years old qualifies as an Ol’ School Joint. But I still love the show.

-Congrats, Cliff, on getting your new car. Now you must resist the urge to imitate Initial D, 2 Fast 2 Furious, and every other movie dealing with street racing...at least in Chicago during the wintertime. ;)

-I could fit in more mini-posts, but I don’t want to overwhelm you. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment