Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Updating

-Yeah, so no full-on Star Trek review. I really wanted to do one but I had trouble with it. It annoys me quite a bit when I can't write the type of review I want to write. I can't bring myself to write something short and post in anywhere other than here. It's basically like if I'm going to post it some place where a lot of people could read it, I want it to be the best thing I can do. The only time I ever write a review even when it isn't the way I want it is when I have to do it (assigned review).

-I want to review the last two CD's I've bought, Divided by Night by The Crystal Method and Blackout! 2 by Method Man and Redman. My early opinion on Divided by Night is that it's kind of meh. My early opinion on Blackout! 2 is that it's quite enjoyable. Of course, the more I listen to these albums, the more that opinion could potentially change.

-Since my review copy never came, I bought the second (and final) season of Freakazoid! recently. I intend to review it. As I watch it, I'm still struck by how much it may have influenced later animated comedies. There was a gag in an episode, for example, that purposely went on for far too long. It was really reminiscent of how some Family Guy gags go on for a lot longer than they should. I can't be sure that the writers of Family Guy watched Freakazoid but it certainly caught my eye.

-I'll probably do an anime thoughts post soon but I will tell you that this season I've watched Cross Game, Eden of The East, 07-Ghost, Hanasakeru Seishounen, K-On, and Sengoku Basara.

No comments:

Post a Comment