Friday, December 07, 2007

Brief Thoughts On The 50th Annual Grammy Nominations

The 50th Annual Grammy Award nominations came out today. While I may do a Grammy predictions post sometime in the future, here are some brief thoughts that popped to my mind as I read the nominees:

-My God, I hope that Kanye finally gets his damn Album Of The Year Grammy this time.

-Although I don't like Amy Winehouse as much as others do, it was a given that she would get a bunch of nominations due to buzz alone. The question is whether or not she'll be well enough to perform.

-Ladies killed the Best New Artist category. The only males nominated are the ones that are in Paramore.

-“Crank That (Soulja Boy)” got nominated for Best Rap Song. It's a fun little track and all but it shouldn't be nominated for a songwriting award.

-And now, the snubs that glared out at me:

Album Of The Year: Icky Thump by The White Stripes

Best Alternative Music Album: Strawberry Jam by Animal Collective

Best Female R&B Vocal Performance: “Still In Love With My Ex” by Kelly Rowland, “Flaws And All” by Beyonce

Best Male R&B Vocal Performance: “Bed” by J. Holliday

Best Urban Alternative Performance: “In The Mood” by Talib Kweli feat. Kanye West & Roy Ayers, “The Way I Are” by Timbaland feat. Keri Hilson and D.O.E.

Best Rap Solo Performance: “Hot Thing” by Talib Kweli

Best Rap/Sung Collaboration: “Make Me Better” by Fabolous feat. Ne-Yo

Best Rap Album: Hell Hath No Fury by Clipse, Gutterfly by Lifesavas

No comments:

Post a Comment