Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sterfish Shares: Long Time No See Edition

It's been almost two months since I did one of these posts so I guess there's no better time than the present. This time around, I'm sharing a variety of tracks.

With my review of J. Dilla's album Donuts finally finished (after I spent weeks thinking about it), I'm going to share one of the album's best tracks. “Lightworks” is a wonderful song with a very cool sound. The percussion gets me every time.

J. Dilla - “Lightworks” from Donuts

The next entry in my Yoko Kanno Reviews series will be a review of the GITS: SAC Solid State Society soundtrack. My favorite song on the soundtrack is the superb song commonly referred to as “Sniper.” Ilaria Graziano provides vocals here and she sounds great. The song on the soundtrack features a short jazzy interlude before going into the song proper. Here is a version of the song that cuts off the interlude entirely.

Yoko Kanno feat. Ilaria Graziano - “Somewhere In The Silence (Sniper's Theme)” from Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex – Solid State Society OST


Finally, since I plan to review Mouse On Mars' album Varcharz eventually (at least four other reviews are ahead of it in the “need to review queue”), here's a good track from this unusual album:

Mouse On Mars - “I Go Ego Why Go We Go” from Varcharz

That's it for this edition of Sterfish Shares. Look for more music reviews in the coming days and hopefully some other stuff as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment