Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Review Sneak Peeks

My massive review project is continuing, albeit at a slower pace than I'd like. Now, I'm going to bring you some short thoughts on CDs that will soon get full reviews. Keep in mind that since I try to listen to CDs multiple times in full before I really feel up to writing a full review, these thoughts may not entirely match what's in the review.

Future Sex/Love Sounds by Justin Timberlake: I really like this CD. Timbaland hasn't collaborated with another artist so well in a long time.

Crazy Itch Radio by Basement Jaxx: It's sort of disappointing even though it's starting to grow on me.

The Outsider by DJ Shadow: This isn't as bad as people say it is but it's a lackluster album for the man who made the classic Endtroducing...

B'Day by Beyonce: She just decided to not try that hard. Not to say that this is really that terrible, but the Dreamgirls soundtrack will blow this away.

Food And Liquor by Lupe Fiasco: Nerds can make entertaining hip-hop too, dammit!

Release Therapy
by Ludacris
: Luda done grown up.

Donuts by J. Dilla: I am loving this album. This will be the last of these big reviews because it will be part review and part essay on my thoughts on J. Dilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment