Saturday, January 28, 2006

Random Digital Pics: “Pops Of What?”

I mentioned a while back that I would try to post some pictures now that I have a real digital camera. Now I present to you the first of the Random Digital Pics category of posts. These posts will feature pictures taken by me with commentary. There is no timetable for these posts...I will just post them whenever I take a picture I would like to share with the world.

Today’s post was more or less a request from my sister. My dad’s favorite cereal in the world is Kellogg’s Corn Pops. Because of this (and because Kellogg’s cereals go on sale frequently), we often have a box of Corn Pops in the house. However, I noticed something different about the box when we bought some recently. See if you can figure out what’s so strange about it:



Can you believe it? Corn Pops are now just...Pops. Corn Pops now joins various other sweet cereals that have had a descriptor or two removed including Sugar Frosted Flakes (Frosted Flakes), Super Golden Crisp (Golden Crisp), and Honey Smacks (Smacks). You have to actually read the ingredient list to find out that Pops are indeed made of corn and that the cereal is exactly the same. I wonder what’s next for the descriptor-drop bandwagon. How long will it be before Rice Krispies become just Krispies or Corn Flakes becomes Flakez?

I decided to take a picture of the new Pops box because upon telling my sister about it, she wanted to see a picture of what it looked like. In honor of that request, here is one more pic of the offending box:

No comments:

Post a Comment