Monday, November 21, 2005

That Down Time

I hate it when I don't have anything I really want to post. It's that weird little time when I've finished a big, important post (such as the first part of The Best Of Year Two) and I don't want to (or can't) post another big, important post. Part II of The Best Of Year Two won't be posted until December 18th. Holiday Mixmania is still a ways yet. The last CD I bought was Arjuna: Into The Another World by Yoko Kanno and I am trying to spread out those The Yoko Kanno Reviews series a bit (expect the next review, a blog exclusive one, within about a week). I have a CD that I will be receiving for review, but it may not come for a while. I plan to write a review of Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire, but I won't see it until the day after Thanksgiving at the earliest. Also, I do plan to recap my Thanksgiving (there will probably be some stuff to talk about), but that won't come for another few days.

Meanwhile, I decided to post an old review onto Blog Critics. A slightly updated version of my review of Yoko Kanno's solo album Song To Fly is up at BC now. If you have not read that review, I suggest you check it out at BC.

Finally, I guess I can mention a couple of things that don't exactly warrant "real" posts. First, I think that I am going to try and return to creative writing beginning in the new year. Every time I go into a bookstore, I want to write, but I haven't found the energy or time to do anything other than blog writing lately. Ideally, I'd like to start writing and build up enough stuff so I can bring Everyday Author back from hiatus and update it weekly. Also, I've been debating the idea of doing a monthly podcast. I'm slowly getting into podcasts (very slowly...I've only downloaded a couple to date) and the idea of doing one myself is intriguing. I don't exactly know what I'd like to do yet, but a friend of mine has offered me bandwidth for doing a podcast as I'm starting out. If I did it, it wouldn't start until next year, but I'd really like feedback on whether anyone would actually want to listen to a podcast by me. Let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what your Holiday mixmania! disk will include.

    ReplyDelete