Saturday, October 01, 2005

Blog Tag

Well, I've been tagged (although it's really more of a *hint*hint*wink*wink tag) by Jim. I'm game for it. Here we go...

1. Do you try to look hot when you go to the grocery store just in case someone recognizes you from your blog?

Hell no. Actually, I'd be very frightened if someone recognized me from my blog. I mean, I have never posted a picture of myself and the only visual outlet to the world I have is a South Park version of myself. And that picture isn't that accurate...I think.

2. Are the photos you post Photoshopped or otherwise altered?

I have no photos but I wouldn't Photoshop them. I'd challenge people to guess my age. Whenever people meet me, they assume I'm younger than I am (even if I'm not that old).

3. Do you like it when creeps or dorks email you?

Only when what they write is funny in some way. Nobody likes an unfunny e-mail from a creep.

4. Do you lie in your blog?

Yes I do. I'm really a 72-year-old white woman from Schaumburg. Why do you think there are no photos? (Really, I don't lie...except for just now)

5. Are you passive-aggressive in your blog?

I might let you know and I might not.

6. Do you ever threaten to quit writing so people will tell you not to stop?

Nope. Besides, this question makes the assumption that people actually read my blog.

7. Are you in therapy? If not, should you be? If so, is it helping?

Of course I shouldn't be in therapy. Now, if I'm still in the same situation I'm in 10 years from now, I probably will need it.

8. Do you delete mean comments? Do you fake nice ones?

No on both counts. The only comments I delete are the spam ones. Each comment my blog gets is a cherished treasure. Also, I certainly don't fake nice comments since I very rarely comment at all.

9. Have you ever rubbed one out while reading a blog? How about after?

Why does this question make me laugh?

10. If your readers knew you in person, would they like you more or like you less?

More, probably. Unless they hate nice people, then probably less.

11. Do you have a job?

Yep. However, I think I want a career. They seem to pay more than jobs.

12. If someone offered you a decent salary to blog full-time without restrictions, would you do it?

Absolutely. Who wouldn't want to do something they enjoy for money?

13. Which blogger do you want to meet in real life?

Let's see...Jim, TheHumanityCritic, ThatColoredFella, Jaime J. Weinman, Eric Berlin...oh hell, I'd like to meet most any blogger whose site I enjoy reading. So, for the sake of making this answer too long, we'll leave it at that.

14. Which bloggers have you made out with?

(There's no good way to textually express the loud burst of laughter that happened when I read that question.)

15. Do you usually act like you have more money or less money than you really have?

Honestly, probably more. I've talked about having cable and On Demand and I review various CDs and I think it makes me come off as having more money than I have. If you need an explanation about how our family manages to have various things, I encourage you to refer to episode one of Everybody Hates Chris and listen to the mother's speech about "the debt system."

16. Does your family read your blog?

Yep, mostly my sister.

17. How old is your blog?

Just a couple months shy of 2 years. The second anniversary will be on December 18th.

18. Do you get more than 1000 page views per day? Do you care?

I get less than 20 page views a day. More people read my posts on Blog Critics than they do here. Ideally, I'd like more people to read my blog. Like I said above, every comment I receive that isn't spam is cherished. But I guess it isn't the quantity but the quality that counts. After all, I very nearly got an interview with a well-known magazine because of this blog. Besides, I kind of like being a little under the radar. No one notices when you write stuff you end up regretting...

19. Do you have another secret blog in which you write about being depressed, slutty, or a liar?

Nope. Although I did think about splitting this blog into personal and pop culture versions at one point. I've also thought about writing a completely fictional blog, sort of like a open-ended web novel. Unfortunately, I don't think I have the time to pull that one off.

20. Have you ever given another blogger money for his/her writing?

Nope. This is part of the reason why you don't see a donation link on this blog.

21. Do you report the money you earn from your blog on your taxes?

Me? Make money from this blog? In what world?

22. Is blogging narcissistic?

No more so than any form of writing where a person writes about himself.

23. Do you feel guilty when you don't post for a long time?

Yes, yes I do. I feel especially guilty when I promise posts and due to various conflicts, I don't end up writing them on time (or at all).

24. Do you like John Mayer?

I can't call myself a fan, but there are a few songs of his that I enjoy. Plus, that pilot he did for VH1 was hilarious.

25. Do you have enemies?

None that I know of...which worries me.

26. Are you lonely?

Sometimes.

27. Why bother?

Why not bother?


That's it people. So, will I tag someone else with this? Nope. However, if you happen across this post and you want to do it to, link to me. I need the readers.

1 comment:

  1. Honored and flattered to see my name pop up here, Sterfish...

    Agreed up question #9. I haven't heard mention of the term "rub one out" since my college days, I think.

    Cheers,
    EB

    ReplyDelete