Friday, September 09, 2005

High Turnover

I've heard that retail jobs have a high turnover of employees. People don't stay at these types of jobs for long. This is very clear at the store I currently work at. Recently, one of our managers got promoted to assistant manager at another store. Then, one of the leads took a higher paying job at another store and will be gone by the middle of the month. Now, more people are leaving. The tech person recently gave his two week notice and today I found out that a cashier will be quitting as well. There is also the possibility that another employee will be moving to another store because her family is moving. That's quite a lot of people to be quitting or leaving in such a short period of time. You might remember that I thought about leaving myself because of the low number of hours I got during the summer. I wonder how long it will be before I get to the point that my fellow employees did. I don't want to spend the rest of my life selling stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment