Friday, June 24, 2005

Will The AFI's "100 Years..." Ever End?

There is a great little article up at Jim Hill Media about how the American Film Institute seems to dislike Disney by rarely mentioning them on their ever-growing lists. I have to admit that the AFI TV specials are always fun to watch, even as I disagree with some of their choices. I've watched almost every one of them including the recent 100 Years, 100 Movie Quotes special. After watching this recent one, I wondered what they would come up with next. Thanks to the article on JHM, I now know that the next probable TV special is AFI's 100 Years Of Film Scores, which they say is created as a "sidebar" to their 100 Years... series. The list of 100 hasn't been announced yet, but it will be narrowed down from a list of 250 by AFI members. You can find a downloadable PDF file with the nominees at their site.

I can't wait until a sweeps time period (or next summer) to see this eventual TV special.

1 comment:

  1. 100 Years of Looking Back


    The best 100 Lists In the Last 100 Years.

    ReplyDelete