Saturday, June 11, 2005

Unintended Vacation Part 2

At my job, payroll must seriously be suffering. I say this because of my schedule for next week...or rather lack of schedule. I am working a grand total of 5 hours next week. Those five hours come next Saturday, the 18th. I was supposed to work today, Friday, but the store manager called and asked me not to come in. If you include the day off I requested for my sister's birthday, I now have an 8-day long unpaid vacation.

Last time this happened, it was kind of sudden. I just kept finding out that they didn't want me to come in. This time, I have advance notice. I hope that I can get some creative writing done (like the serial story I'm gonna post on my creative writing blog). My dad also mentioned going to the Museum Of Science And Industry. It used to be a yearly trip for me, Dad, and Samone when we were little. I've been there at least a dozen times. Next week would be a great week to go but it depends on my sister who doesn't seem to want to get out of the house at all. I also wouldn't mind going to Millennium Park, walking around downtown Chicago, or even going to the Shedd Aquarium, The Field Museum, or the Adler Planetarium. I love the downtown Chicago area, especially in the summertime. It's beautiful.

I hope that I can do something productive or interesting during this unplanned vacation from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment