Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Unintended Summer?

Now this is getting ridiculous...

You might remember that last week, I had an "unintended vacation" where I only worked one day last week. This week, it got slightly better...I work two days.

Still, that leaves me with a total of 10 hours for the week. Apparently, the store is in a crisis regarding hours. Not only were the sales down last month, but they went over the amount of hours they should have. Now, they have to drastically cut hours. I'm not the only one suffering. Other people also have one and two day schedules. The only people this doesn't affect are the full-time people since they are guaranteed to have their hours. The part-timers are the ones getting screwed. From the looks of it, this may continue throughout the summer.

Now, my mom and a couple of friends have mentioned that it might be time for me to move on to another job. I'm thinking the same thing as well. Even though I like the job and it's convenient, if this payroll crunch continues, it won't make sense for me to continue working there. I will probably gradually start the job hunt again. I might try places that didn't end up hiring me again. After all, my main problem was probably my lack of experience. Now, I can at least say that I've had one other real job recently. I'm also considering getting a second job instead of just getting one new job.

In the meantime, it looks like I'll have more free time this summer than I expected. I think I will use it to do that job hunt...and to write, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment