Tuesday, June 28, 2005

This Stuff Doesn't Deserve Separate Posts

Little things condensed into one post:

-I saw Batman Begins again over the weekend with my aunt and my sister. The fun thing I noticed this time around was that the license plates for all the cars in the movie were based on the Illinois state license plate. The only differences were that they didn't have Lincoln's picture (or Land of Lincoln) on it and "Gotham" was written in script on the top instead of Illinois. This is probably a nod to the fact that portions of the movie were shot in Illinois. Thank you, Warner Bros.

-I have a ton of CD reviews in the pipeline. Look for reviews of albums by Fat Joe, RJD2, Coldplay, The White Stripes and Röyksopp within the next few days. I also want to write a review of the anime series Azumanga Daioh and my first satirical post that isn't during April Fools Day.

-This week is another week where I am barely working. However, according to my manager, I should get a decent amount of hours next week. Here's hoping I do. However, that won't stop my gradual job searching.

-I bought the envelope I will sending my Mixmania CD in today. Now all I have to do is burn the CD. Speaking of which, I don't know if the person I sent my first Mixmania CD to realizes that I sent it to him. I've been tempted to e-mail him every so often. Maybe once the new one starts, I will.

-What is it with people posting phone numbers in comments? That has happened in two of my posts for Blog Critics. I won't say which ones but don't they realize that they are setting themselves up for harrassment, prank calls, or something worse?

-After I saw Batman Begins, I rewatched Batman Beyond: Return Of The Joker. Upon watching it again, I think it did deserve its PG-13 rating. The fight scenes are a trip and the fight between Bruce Wayne's Batman and The Joker in the flashback is surprising. Also, I think The Joker's comments towards the end of the movie are a direct jab at Batman: The Animated Series fans who hate Batman Beyond. The climax of that conversation is priceless. The Joker: "You're not Batman!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment