Thursday, May 05, 2005

My Favorite Albums (Part 1 of ?)

I mentioned in an earlier post that one day I would make a list of my favorite albums. So, in order to not make my blog's front page 100 pages long, I'm putting up my list of favorite albums in parts.

I've always been a person who could never narrow down what I like. I have no all-time favorite movie...I have favorite movies. I have no Top 10 Anime series...I have anime series I really like. This isn't because I like everything. Trust me, there is a lot of stuff I really really can't stand...but that will have to wait for another post. It's just that it's hard for me to put one thing over another, especially if they are radically different. Does a really great rock album have precedence over a really great hip-hop album? Just how does someone narrow down the incredible range of music out there to only 10, 20, or even 100 entries? I have some albums I like more than others but that doesn't mean that they aren't very good in their own right.

That being said, let's begin the list. There is no method to this madness. I am not going to take the time to sort by genre or artist. In fact, I'll probably just look through my CD books (and my CD rack), pick out my faves, and type them. Here We Go!!!

  • Lauryn Hill: The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill

  • R. Kelly: R. Kelly

  • 2Pac: Me Against The World

  • Dr. Dre: Chronic 2001 (Original & Instrumental Version)

  • Snoop Dogg: Doggystyle

  • A Tribe Called Quest: Midnight Marauders

  • The Notorious B.I.G.: Ready To Die

  • Wu-Tang Clan: Wu-Tang Forever

  • Ghostface Killah: Ironman

  • Mos Def: Black On Both Sides

  • Gang Starr: Moment Of Truth

  • Janet Jackson: Design Of A Decade 1986-1996

  • UNKLE: Psyence Fiction

  • D'Angelo: Voodoo

  • Raekwon: Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

  • Bjork: Greatest Hits

  • Toshiyuki Honda: Metropolis Original Soundtrack (Anime Movie...Not The Silent One)

  • Basement Jaxx: Rooty

  • Thievery Corporation: The Mirror Conspiracy

  • Kinky: Kinky

  • Radiohead: OK Computer

  • Fatboy Slim: You've Come A Long Way, Baby

  • Common: Like Water For Chocolate

  • The Chemical Brothers: Surrender

  • Nas: Illmatic

  • The Roots: Things Fall Apart

  • OutKast: ATLiens

  • Missy Elliott: Miss E...So Addictive

  • DJ Shadow: Endtroducing...

  • Moby: Play

  • Boards Of Canada: Music Has The Right To Children

  • Mary J. Blige: Mary

  • Luke Vibert & BJ Cole: Stop The Panic

  • Yoko Kanno: Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex Original Soundtracks I & II



That's all for now. More albums soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment