Friday, April 08, 2005

Sports Authority Update

After finishing my cashier training on Wednesday, I finally officially go on the salesfloor on Saturday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. I'm definitely looking forward to starting real work, but I'm a little anxious as well. I'm guessing that the time I'll be working will be pretty busy. However, I'm finding that the store I am at is busy even when you'd think it wouldn't be. I did cashier training from about 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. The store doesn't open until 9:30 a.m. However, in that short span we had five returns and at least another five purchases. And people didn't go cheap either. One person bought nearly $100 in merchandise while another exchanged one item and bought over $150 more in merchandise.

If I can make it through my first shift, I should be okay since most of my hours will (hopefully) be during the week and in the daytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment