Friday, April 01, 2005

Guest Blogger #3: TheMamaLeaderWomanLover

So Sterfish is having other people post on his blog today? What a lazy guy! That’s why nobody reads his blog! (Just kidding Sterie! Luv ya, really :-) )

It’s perfect timing though because my blog is down at the moment. (Grrr! stupid ISP!) For those who have never visited my blog, I’m a 29-year-old married mother of two boys ages 8 and 5 living in northwest Indiana. I’m a stay-at-home mom and blogging is probably my biggest hobby. It’s good to share my everyday struggles with other moms just like me and even young guys like Sterie.

Normally, I never watch the extras on cartoon DVD’s. I just start the movie for my boys and go do some other stuff, checking in on them and making sure they aren’t beating each other up. But I really really liked "The Incredibles". So I took a little time while the boys were at school on Monday to look at the deleted scenes. I’ve never been so impressed with a cartoon as I was when I watched the alternate opening. In that opening, Mr. and Mrs. Incredible are at a neighborhood barbecue when Mrs. Incredible talks to this stuffy woman and tells her she’s a stay-at-home mom. The stuffy woman gives Mrs. Incredible “that look”. You know what I’m talking about. Then that stuffy woman talks bad about Mrs. Incredible behind her back. Mrs. Incredible just loses it and gives that woman a talking to. Since I was by myself, I yelled “That’s what I’m talkin’ about!” at the screen. That scene showed exactly the same crap I go through sometimes when I first meet people. Most of the women I meet understand that staying at home isn’t easy, but sometimes you get some high-powered female who thinks her stuff doesn’t stink, if you know what I mean. I think the guy who did The Incredibles (Brad Bird, if I remember right) talked to his wife before he wrote that scene. He got it just right.

That’s all the time I’ve got for today. I wanna thank Sterie soooo much for asking me to blog. My blog has been down for nearly a week now and it’s driving me insane. Oh well, I gotta go pick up the boys from school so please visit my blog once I get it up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment