Sunday, March 20, 2005

Because None Of These Thoughts Deserved Their Own Post...

-Sometimes one can manage to be a DVD geek even when they don't buy a DVD. Today, I received my Lord Of The Rings Premium DVD Slipcase in the mail. It's basically a nice box to hold all three Extended Edition Lord Of The Rings DVDs. It only cost $3 (and that included shipping and handling). Now my movies can be housed neatly...and people can think I could actually afford to buy all three together in a set. This is the first time I've bought a DVD slipcase by itself, although it's not the first time I've bought one. When I started buying His and Her Circumstances, I bought Volume 1 with the box. I also bought FLCL Volume 3 with the "Coolector's Box." The FLCL box is one of the coolest things I own. When it comes to boxes I buy with one DVD or separately, I won't buy anything that isn't either cheap or high quality. I could have bought Azumanga Daioh Volume 1 with the artbox...until I saw what it looked like. The artwork is nice, but the quality didn't justify buying the box.

-Steamboy opens in theaters this weekend and I wish I could go see it. It's at a theater in Chicago (and will probably open in a few more soon) but it will not be coming to one remotely near me. I've seen a grand total of three anime films in the movie theater: Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis, Miyazaki's Spirited Away, and Cowboy Bebop: The Movie. Of the three, Metropolis is the only one I've seen subtitled. Spirited Away is the only one that I saw at a local theater...but at the time it came out, I was at Northwestern, so that makes sense.

The closest theater to me is a Loews Cineplex in Country Club Hills. It's only about 10-15 minutes away by car. It's actually a pretty nice facility and the prices are reasonable. However, I know that this theater will probably never show an anime film and certainly not any "indie" films (although they did show Hero when it was released). Still, I really hope they show Howl's Moving Castle when it comes out in June...even though I know it's a pipe dream.

-Poor Deion Sanders...he has fallen onto hard times. How else can you explain him putting his name on a home version of a professional hot dog cooker? If that wasn't enough, there is the commercial for the product. It's an incredibly cheesy commercial. If you ever see it, watch it all the way to the end. There, you'll be rewarded with Deion saying "This is some good stuff!" with his mouth full of hot dog. Even George Foreman wouldn't stoop that low.

No comments:

Post a Comment