Tuesday, November 02, 2004

P. Diddy Won't Be Coming After Me...

I voted today. In fact, this is the first presidential election I've voted in. Last time around, I didn't get an absentee ballot and didn't end up voting. I've voted in primaries and I voted in the last gubernatorial election. I'm proud to say that I voted for John Kerry for President and Barack Obama for U.S. Senate. I'm also happy to report that there were quite a few people going to vote when the four of us went. This is especially good considering that we went at about 11 in the morning (as opposed to busier times like early morning or late afternoon). Although Cook County still uses the antiquated punchcard system, my vote was counted.

So, on this election day, I hope that everyone voted. And with this election drawing to a close, I'm very happy about one thing ending. No, not P. Diddy's "Vote or Die!" campaign...those damn commercials for Melissa Bean and Phil Crane. I don't even live in that congressional district but I'm already sick of both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment