Friday, September 10, 2004

TV Things

-I watched the series premiere of Joey on Thursday. I will admit that I wasn't exactly the biggest fan of Friends. I never watched it on a regular basis and I don't watch it in syndication (unless my mom or my sister turn to it). Despite that, I didn't think Joey was all that bad. I agree that it wasn't as funny as Friends, but who thought it would be? I'll probably continue watching it...up until The O.C. premieres in November.

-I also watched the season premiere of The Apprentice. The first season of that show was kind of a guilty pleasure for me, as I only watched it because of the lack of other things I want to watch. This one is a little more interesting, although I have to wonder why they can't pick a decent black woman. Last season had Omarosa and this season has Stacy J, who is also annoying but in a different, loopy way. I bet she won't last as long as Omarosa did. The task was kind of interesting, designing a toy for Mattel, and I liked the whole gender twist they did (a woman was team leader for the men and a man was team leader for the women). I don't know if I'll actually watch every week, but it was enjoyable.

-Father of The Pride is living proof that you shouldn't judge a series by its pilot. The second episode was better than the first. I thought the first episode was only okay, with only a few real laughs. The second episode, with Sigfried & Roy's arguments about Matt Lauer (who had no clue), was hilarious.

-Bernie Mac and Method & Red are still on FOX! They aren't cancelled or de facto cancelled!

-Late night Thursday (or early Friday), a freaky thing happened on the Music Choice channels. If you don't know, Music Choice channels play 24 hours of music with information about the song and artist onscreen. The freaky thing that happened was that ALL the Music Choice channels had incorrect info on the screen. I saw it first when I turned to the Showcase channel. It had on Old School Rap. The song that was playing was "I Left My Wallet in El Segundo" by A Tribe Called Quest. The information on the screen was for a song from Ultimate 3. I waited and waited. The information didn't change. I turned to a different channel. The song and onscreen information didn't match there either. I turned to several different channels and it was the case. The funniest one was on the Radio Disney channel. It was playing "Arms Wide Open" by Creed, but had info for "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer. I turned to other stuff on TV. When I returned to a Music Choice channel, about 15 minutes later, everything was normal again. Weird.

-In addition to the weird Music Choice occurrence late night Thursday, I happened to check out Uncut on BET. Yes, I'm admitting I watched it. Anyway, they came back from commercial with an advisory about the content. However, the person who read it sounded (for lack of a better word) slow. I think the female voice saying the warning was trying to sound sexy, but it didn't work. It sounded really silly. And the laugh at the end didn't help things.

No comments:

Post a Comment