Saturday, September 04, 2004

Speak of The Devil...

Okay, you may have read my post recently about my cousin getting married and how I felt about him and the situation. Well, guess who decided to visit this weekend?

That cousin I just posted about.

Friday night, I was kind of tired at about 7:00 p.m. I went to sleep incredibly late the night before and I woke up after only a few hours of sleep to ride with my dad to pick up my sister from school. My mom told me that my cousin was here and that he and my auntee might stop by later that night. Despite that, I laid down in my bed and actually attempted to go to sleep at about 7:15 or so. I never actually got to sleep. Somewhere between 8:30 and 9:00, I looked and saw my cousin coming in my doorway to say hi. I replied and got up to go entertain my cousin and auntee in the living room. My sister holed herself up in her room, but she probably was asleep. We talked and caught up a bit for a couple of hours. My mom, who was very sleepy, dozed off a few times during the conversation. At about 10:15, they had to leave.

I'll be honest...despite my post on this blog a couple of days ago, I couldn't really bring myself to be mad at my cousin. He was kind of pitiful, really. I could tell that he missed being in the Chicago area, as he remarked about how much things had changed since he'd been gone. It was especially wrong, however, to find out that he was the one who typed the invitation up on the computer, although he was given the information (as opposed to coming up with it). All of us had laughs at that invitation. Now, I feel just a tad bit guilty...although that was one messed up invitation.

So, I guess I'll have to see what happens over this Labor Day weekend. Apparently, unlike last time, my cousin came by himself. This means no now-fiancee and no kids. It's my cousin...the way we used to see him.

Also, it's official. I am definitely attending the wedding with my auntee. Our flight departs on the day before the wedding, Friday the 17th, and we get back early Sunday. I don't really like flying and I've only flown once (to Atlanta, when my sister and I went with my aunt and uncle). But after I took that bus ride to Jackson when I visited my cousin for spring break a couple of years back, I vowed that next time I went down there, I'd fly. So, that's what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment