Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Some Recent Lifestyle Changes For Our Family

I bought a new computer desk with money from my job with Mrs. Jackson. It's a very nice desk with a keyboard shelf and a printer shelf. It's taller than my last desk, holds all my computer stuff easily, and I put it together in about three hours. To free up some room for the desk (and in my room), I removed my chester drawer. Frankly, I need new furniture as the drawers in my current furniture are really too small to hold my clothes.

Also, courtesy of my aunt and uncle, we now have a brand new refrigerator and stove. The fridge has an icemaker on it. My aunt also got us some nice new cookware. In turn this meant that we threw away our old fridge. Also, we threw away an old dishwasher that we got from a family friend and never used. Within hours of throwing away both the fridge and the dishwasher, scavengers picked them up and carted them away.

My mom recently went and applied for unemployment, since her contract with Children's World has officially ended. The center where she worked is now closed for good.

Finally, my mom has rearranged the furniture in our living room. Our furniture is a sectional and one piece, a chair that has started to break down, will likely be moved either into my parents' bedroom or in the basement.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:57 PM

    I love scanvengers! The Bush Daughters are drunks!

    ReplyDelete