Saturday, September 04, 2004

Recent CD Purchases

I bought two CDs recently, so here are my thoughts:

-First, there's Amerikaz Nightmare, the new album from Mobb Deep. It's definitely better than their last album, Infamy. The production is stronger, with much of it done by Havoc and The Alchemist. Kanye West and Lil Jon also produce a track each. There is also less filler. It's shorter than their last two albums. All in all, it's definitely a good listen.

-My other new CD purchase was Radical Connector, the new album from Mouse on Mars. The sound of this one really surprised me. Mouse on Mars does unusual music that sounds electronic but kind of organic at the same time. It's kind of like the music an artificial intelligence would create. However, the new CD kind of strays away from that. It has a MOM sound, but adds huge Basement Jaxx-esque beats and vocals to the mix. This makes it actually kind of danceable. It's short with only nine tracks (and being less than 50 minutes long), but it's good all the way through. I really enjoyed this CD as well.

Now, I'm glad I got these two CDs, but I'm kind of mad with myself since two CDs I'm really looking forward to, Jill Scott's Beautifully Human: Words and Sounds Volume 2 and Bjork's Medulla, came out this past Tuesday. I probably wouldn't have bought the two CDs I mentioned above if I knew that these two were coming out so quickly. But I can wait. Besides, I didn't buy Bjork's last album, Vespertine, until nearly three years after it's initial release.

No comments:

Post a Comment