Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The Jackson, MS Chronicles: After The Wedding

When we left the wedding, we went back to Phillip's place. We had left some stuff there (I left the outfit I was wearing before I dressed up). We all changed back into comfortable clothes, and decided to go get something to eat.

Chenelle drove us around downtown Jackson. She showed us her school, Mississippi College School of Law, and we got to see Mississippi's State Capitol. We also rode through some truly poor parts of Jackson. The poverty I saw trumps anything I've seen in Chicago. A house we saw had been "repaired" with duct tape and cardboard.

Eventually, we ended up at a restaurant called Copeland's. The place looked nice and the cuisine was New Orleans-style seafood. However, even as it looked like it wasn't that packed, it took forever to do anything. It took a long time for a waitress to come by and take our orders. We all ordered alcholic drinks and ice water. The water took a long time to come. So, we decided to cancel our food orders and just get drinks. It took so long to get our drinks, that we decided to cancel them and leave the restaurant. We ended up going to Chili's again, only this time it was the four of us instead just me and Auntee. We talked and laughed together. Auntee told Chenelle and my uncle that our first flight went to Detroit before heading to Chicago. They looked stunned and related horror stories about the Detroit airport...more on that in the next post.

After we ate, we went back to the hotel room and hung out some more. We were talking and having fun, but we were also very drained from the events of the day. After a while, Chenelle and my uncle left. Auntee and I prepared to go to sleep. I watched a little more TV (The Venture Bros. on Cartoon Network is pretty funny) then I went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment