Monday, July 05, 2004

Only With Dad

It seems like some of the most unusual, silliest, and craziest things happen when I am with my dad. Most of the time, these things involve driving. I’ve been in the car with my dad more than once when he’s had an accident. Most of the time, some person ends up hitting our car from the back. Also, he was with me when I had an accident with some old white people when I was first learning to drive. So, it makes sense that I would be with him when more craziness occurs.

On Friday night while my dad was going to work, a nail put a hole in one of his tires. He used some flat fixer and was able to get back home safely. The next day, when he woke up, he discovered that the tire had gone completely flat. He put the spare tire (one of those half-sized donut ones) on and I went with him on his way to get a new tire from a JustTires in South Holland (about 10-15 minutes away).

We were doing okay for a while until we went down 159th Street and hit a nasty bump. That bump resulted in the spare tire becoming flat. Now we had to drive the rest of the way on three normal tires and one flat donut spare. It was a challenge and we had to drive extra slow. To make it even worse, we had to drive over two pair of railroad tracks to get to the tire place. Fortunately, a train came and we got a respite before driving the rest of the way.

In the end, we got a new tire and the car is back to normal. This type of thing seems to happen only when I’m with my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment