Tuesday, July 06, 2004

More Blog Thoughts

I’ve surfed a few websites recently and started looking for templates (aka blog layouts). I found and saved some nice ones, as I am considering changing the template of my blog again sometime in the fall. Also, I’m thinking about creating a “test blog” for me to try out some of these templates. That way, I won’t screw up my real blog in the process. If you are looking for a new template, check out this Blogger Knowledge article.

Another thing I’ve thought about is creating a blog with only my original works. I’ve played around with the idea of doing a comedy blog briefly (after I did the April Fools Blog), but I am seriously considering this one. I’ve only posted a select few things on my Fiction Press site, but I figure that with a writing blog, I could post snippets from works in progress in addition to full-length stuff. I would still put stuff up on the Fiction Press site, but the blog would include the good and the bad. I am also thinking that a writing blog would make me want to write more. Before I started this blog, I did not write down my thoughts all the time. I’d only really write them down when I was angry. Now, I try to sit down as much as possible to write down my thoughts and post them to my blog. I like writing, but I don’t do it as much as I would like to. Maybe having a true motivation to write will help me get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment