Monday, May 31, 2004

Kids Today Are Bold, I Tell Ya

On Sunday, someone tried to break into our car. The person broke the back window, and ran off after my dad came outside. The same thing happened to us last year, but this time was different.

The person who did this was a kid who (by my dad’s account) looked to be no older than about 13 or 14. Also, this happened at 1:30 in the afternoon. That’s right, in broad daylight. So, this kid had the nerve try to break into our car while it was in the yard in the middle of the afternoon on a holiday weekend. That’s just...wrong.

My dad did call the police and report the incident, so time will tell if anything comes of it. Meanwhile, the window isn’t fixed yet, so my dad put some stuff over it to try and keep water and such from getting into the car. Fortunately, this kind of thing is a rarity for us as opposed to a routine occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment