Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Untitled (Brainstorming Short Story Ideas)

With one short story done, I'm determined to try and continue writing as much as possible. My theory is that the more I write, the better I may get. I'm not exactly sure that's true though. Alas, here are some ideas I thought about:

-Story where a guy tries to talk about his life and his alter ego butts in. I thought about putting all the text spoken by the alter ego in italics.

-Story about a 40-year-old white man who is a hip-hop DJ. I would treat the guy with a little respect, but satire hip-hop's youth-centeredness at the same time.

-Story that chronicles a woman who meticulously (and desperately) prepares her home for her husband's return. However, the ending would have a nice twist to keep this from being cliche.

-"TV Reality": An idea I've had floating in my head for a little while, it would be about a guy whose favorite TV show gets cancelled and his life gradually becomes more and more like the TV show he loves.

Well, that's what I have in my head currently. Most of these ideas won't become stories, but it's good to brainstorm every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment