Friday, December 26, 2003

The Holiday Lowdown Part II--Christmas Day 2003

I woke up in the 7 o'clock range after it got a little too warm in my room. I got some cereal as Samone walked in the kitchen. We went in the living room and decided to open some gifts. I got her the Grand Theft Auto Double Pack, Chingy's CD (w/bonus DVD) and Alicia Keys' new CD (also w/bonus DVD). What did she get me? She got me exactly what I wanted as I opened up nicely wrapped copies of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVD and X2 on DVD. Rhonda got my sister and I some sorely needed new sheets (cotton ones at that).

Mom and Dad got Samone some pajamas and I got a Marshall Field's giftcard (good at Target as well) and a Crest SpinBrush Pro. And before you hate on the toothbrush, you have to try it out. Talk about a nice clean feeling. After a while, Mom and Dad woke up and came into the living room with us. Mom was surprised to have received her gift from Samone and I--the deluxe edition of the soundtrack to "Superfly"--and seemed to really enjoy it. I didn't get the chance to get my dad's gift (Why are some sizes so difficult to find?), but I will get it ASAP.

I took a quick nap and later on, all of us (along with my aunt and uncle from Indiana) left for my Grandmother's house. We relaxed for a little bit before eating a dinner that included Mom's greens, macaroni & cheese (which my mom also made), turkey, dressing (NOT stuffing), rolls, and chitlins' (can't stand those). My uncle Lester (who came home for Christmas for the first time in ages) said the grace and we got to eating.

Soon after we finished, Dad, my uncles, and myself left to go visit my dad's family. We talked and greeted everyone there and my uncles got an idea of what my dad's family is like. After a couple of hours, we headed back to my Grandmother's house. I mentioned in the last post about the birthday cake with no candles. Well, it happened again. My aunt from Indiana made a nice chocolate cake (with chocolate icing) and everyone sang happy birthday to me again. We again had no candles and I didn't mind, again. After some cake and ice cream, it was time to finally open more presents.

My aunt Debra and I distributed the various presents to everyone there. A little later, we said our goodbyes and we left for home.

All in all, a very nice couple of days. I got a ton of birthday/Christmas money...a lot more than I thought I'd get. And as for swag...well, I ended up with:

-A lot of money
-Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVD
-X2 DVD
-A Marshall Field's/Target giftcard
-A Crest SpinBrush Pro
-New cotton knit sheets for my bed
-A new scarf
-A Best Buy Giftcard

This was the best Christmas present-wise I've had in a couple of years. It was great to see my family and I enjoyed myself. Now, it's on to desperately try not to spend all my Christmas money.

No comments:

Post a Comment