Friday, December 26, 2003

The Holiday Lowdown Part I--The 23rd Birthday 12/24/2003

My birthday is over and all in all, it was pretty good.

Much of the early part of my birthday was spent watching TV, playing rented video games on my sister's PS2 (she got Need for Speed Underground, The Sims Bustin' Out and Harry Potter Quidditch Cup), and reading Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban for the first time. My dad went to my uncle's annual Christmas Eve party for a few hours as my mom made my birthday dinner--fried shrimp with french fries and salad. Very delicious. My mom always thinks she can't cook anymore and each time she proves herself wrong.

Rhonda, our family friend, stopped by for a quick visit during the day with Christmas gifts for everyone and my birthday gift, $23, given in a fun incognito sort of way (she slipped it into my hand).

Later, after my dad got back from the party and ate, Mom, Dad, and Samone sang Happy Birthday. I made a wish over my cake (a yummy yellow cake with chocolate frosting) but without candles. They didn't get any new ones and my mom sure did not want to use any old ones that were lying in a drawer somewhere. Personally, I didn't mind....and as you'll see in part II of this post, it became a trend.

Since we didn't do the cake thing until late, everyone was pretty sleepy after that. I went to bed a little later as Mom cooked some greens for Christmas dinner. I didn't stay asleep for long as I woke up, went online for a few hours, went back in the bed and woke up early the next morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment