Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ouran High School Host Club DVD Sneak Peek

I received my copy of the Ouran High School Host Club Part 1 DVD set on Friday. I plan to review the set for Blogcritics Magazine but I did take a look at the set so here are some initial thoughts:

-The dub is pretty good. I watched the first episode and it was still quite funny in English. The dialogue was very close to the original and the dub keeps in some honorifics, particularly "senpai" and "-chan." One change that got a great laugh out of me was the description of Honey as a "boy lolita."

-Like other Funimation shows, the opening and ending songs are redone in English for the English dub. The opening fares better than the ending.

-The subtitles on the set are white. That was probably done because yellow is a prominent color on the show (the female uniforms at Ouran are yellow) and they didn't want the subtitles to blend in.

-The set has two discs packed in clear thinpak cases that have reversible covers. The outer cardboard sleeve is kind of thin. It also has a decent amount of extras. I'm looking forward to checking out the commentaries.

Well, that's the end of the sneak peek. Look for the full review on Blogcritics Magazine sometime close to the set's official street date. Also, I plan to share my thoughts on some of the new Fall anime shows very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment