Tuesday, March 28, 2006

You Had A Great Run, Arrested Development

Well, it looks like Arrested Development is over.

Over over.

I'm sad to find out that the show is definitely not coming back, but at the same time I am glad that the show got to tie up its loose ends. The only thing worse than a good show getting canceled is ending said show with a cliffhanger. Every time I watch the fourth season of ReBoot, I'm always mad that the show never got the chance to have a proper ending.

I'm also glad that the show had a run that allowed it to be consistently excellent. The longer a show stays on, the more likely that the quality will dip. The more the quality dips, the more that the show's legacy is at risk.

Arrested Development will be remembered as a great comedy that will find fans via DVD and probably influence comedy writers for years to come.

I can't wait to see what Mitchell Hurwitz does next.

No comments:

Post a Comment