Friday, December 10, 2004

Wired News: PowerPoint Message Is the Medium

Wired News: PowerPoint Message Is the Medium

It's a shame that many of the entries in this event were mere twists on traditional presentations. I took a class in college about Speechwriting that had us use PowerPoint to make our presentations. A lot of the students in this class made some amazing PowerPoint presentations. They were alive and used multimedia to the fullest. One student created his own template that defined his presentations. I thought it was so good that it should've been in the actual program. I got a brand new perspective on the power of PowerPoint after taking that class. I know the students in that class could have come up with more interesting and creative presentations (that made full use of PowerPoint) than what those artists in that event came up with. I have to wonder what my professor would have thought of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment