Thursday, December 23, 2004

Is There Anything Funnier Than Seeing Someone Get Hit With Something?

I watched Dodgeball recently and I have to say I enjoyed it a lot. It's an incredibly silly and over-the-top movie with a hilariously hammy performance by Ben Stiller. His character is basically an arrogant, cocky, and buffed-up version of Zoolander. However, that's actually a good thing. This movie is fluff and it uses the incredibly cheap device of having people get hit with balls to make you laugh. Everyone in this movie from Vince Vaughn to Jason Bateman (in a very small role) look like they had fun making it. I loved the dodgeball training video (Hank Azaria is great). And the scene after the credits is easily the most disturbingly funny use of Kelis's "Milkshake" I've ever seen.

I don't think this movie has the replay value of The Naked Gun movies, but it's a great way to kill 90 minutes of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment