Friday, October 15, 2004

Just The Guys

On Wednesday, my mom took my Aunt Barbara's offer and went with her to Indianapolis. My aunt is up there for a conference and my mom would be going to get a nice trip away from the house. With Samone at college, it's left only me and Dad. Actually, it hasn't been too bad. Dad was gone much of Wednesday at his classes, so I just relaxed around the house (and spent an unbelievably long time online). On Thursday, I stayed up until the morning (even later than usual). Apart from my normal ritual to stay up late, I was up because Dad was up. And when he took his nap, I suddenly got the urge to continue writing my TV season update blog entry. For the record, it's still not finished as it looks like it might be a loong one. Then the phone rang. Dad answered it because we were looking for Sears's phone call. They were supposed to come check the furnace that morning. But it wasn't them, so Dad and I talked for a while. By the time I was going to go to sleep, Sears came. Then after Sears left Dad called Grandmother Hattie (Mom would normally go over there on Thursdays but obviously couldn't this week). She wanted to talk to me, so I talked with her for a while. I then decided to take a nap so I would have some sleep before we were going to go to Grandmother's. Instead of taking a nap, I really went to sleep. Dad decided not to wake me and went to Grandmother's (with a note left for me).

As for food...well, it's pre-packaged heaven: TV dinners, On-Cor entrees and Hot Pockets (normal and breakfast). The closest thing I did to cooking was cook my tater tots in the oven (and those things tasted nasty for some reason). Maybe I'll try and cook something good for Saturday. On a scale of cooking from great to only when necessary, it goes Mom, Samone, me, and Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment